The Speaks Family

The Speaks Family
July 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mommy Time

Last night after a long day of activities I found myself with a terrible headache. My first thought was, "I've gotta finish painting the hallway. Really??? I stopped myself and realized how little I do for myself. And why does guilt for time spent on yourself come so easily when you're a mom?

A couple weeks ago I was invited to Spajama Party. Even though I did not know the girl who was hosting it very well, I decided I was going to go anyway. BEST decision I could have made. I was there for at least 2 hours. Shared in wonderful relaxing spa treatments, girl talk, mommy talk and learned a little more about some amazing ladies in my church. I ordered a Detoxifying Bath Soak (a little pricy for me) and told myself that once a week I would take out time for myself (even if it's the only thing for myself I do) and spend time soaking in the bathtub not worrying about anything.

In just a few short months, I will go from a mother of two, to a mother of three. I will be exhausted, because I know I have forgotten what getting up 3 times a night feels like. I will be grouchy and worn down and pulled in 12 different directions. The only thing I need to remember though is to take time for myself. A nap, coffee with a friend, watching a show I love, prayer and devotions...MOMMY TIME.

I will not feel guilty about taking time away from children to take a 30 minute bath. The girls will not actually kill each other, although it may sound that way. My husband can make a meal, even if he thinks he can't, the baby can lay in his crib or swing without being cuddled. I encourage all moms to remember to take time out for you. Even as little as 30 minutes can change your outlook on the day and your mood.    

No comments:

Post a Comment