The Speaks Family

The Speaks Family
July 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentimes Day

First off I am aware I spelled "Valentines Day" incorrectly, but my girls say it that way and it's so much cuter.

Tonight my husband and I are headed out on a mystery date. For the first time in almost 8 years, he planned something special for Valentines Day, made reservations, got a sitter and most importantly didn't tell me what was going on. I mean I have those details, but I have no idea where we are going. This is HUGE for Matt. I love him dearly, but he and I both know he is lacking a little in the planning department. I am so happy that he has managed to put this evening together and keep it to himself. After all, he is the man who has always insisted that we do Christmas early because he is so excited about what he got me. So we usually open presents the evening he gets home from shopping. I could really care less if we are going somewhere to paintball or going to a nice dinner. The fact is that he has taken charge and planned an evening I will always remember, no matter what we end up doing.

If one year ago today you had told me that this is where my marriage would be, I would have never believed you. I am beyond words as to how I fully feel. It is amazing what God has brought us through and taught us in the last year and a half. I am truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment