The Speaks Family

The Speaks Family
July 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Football Season Makes Me Sad Now

Before I got married 5 years ago, I never watched football. I didn't understand it nor did I care to. Man was I missing out. What was once not even a part of my life, I have truly grown to love.

I really do enjoy sitting down with my husband (and sometimes his friends) to watch Saturday college games, Sunday Night Football and Monday Night football. Sure we have our favorites, but we watch it all. I love to make football food. I love to have he and his friends tell me, "this is the best thing I've ever eaten". I thoroughly enjoy watching him jump off the couch and scream at the refs, the players and the coaches.

Now this season has been very different. My husband works nights and not only nights, but weekends now. He works every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night. So on Saturday when college football is on...he's sleeping. On Sunday afternoon when NFL games are on...he's sleeping. And when Sunday Night Football is on...he's working. I try to watch the games alone, but it's just not the same. That is why football season makes me sad now.

I know he's working hard for us and boy do I appreciate it. This is just a different season for me. People talk about seasons like they al have to be spiritual. THEY AREN'T. Your life goes through seasons that sometimes are not at all related to your spiritual life. This season will make me stronger I know, but I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment